This grain-free, gluten-free, preservative-free and low-carb granola is a great alternative to any store-bought granola.
Enjoy it for breakfast, or even as a satisfying snack, with some fresh berries and full-fat, plain yoghurt or milk kefir.
Where possible, always opt for organic nuts and seeds.
- 100 grams walnuts
- 100 grams brazil nuts
- 100 grams hazelnuts
- 100 grams almonds
- 100 grams cashew nuts
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
- 50 grams sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Roughly chop the nuts.
- Combine the nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl.
- In a large pan, fry the spices in the coconut oil and add the nuts and seeds and toast them briefly.
- Transfer the toasted nuts and seeds to a large oven tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a paper towel and store in an airtight container.