These seed crackers are the perfect snack with a thick layer of grass-fed butter, liver pâté or freshly made avocado guacamolé.
They are a fantastic alternative to bread crackers and will fit in perfectly with your low-carb lifestyle.
They keep very well in a sealed container.
- 200 grams organic, hulled sunflower seeds
- 100 grams organic sesame seeds
- 60 grams organic linseeds (also known as flax seeds)
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 500 ml filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Leave the mixture to stand until it is thick – about 15 minutes.
- Spread the mixture out as thinly as possible on a large greased baking tray(s).
- Bake for an hour. You may need to rotate the tray(s) away from the hot spots in the oven.
- After an hour and a few turns, bake for another 15 – 20 minutes, until the crackers are crispy.
- Remove the tray(s) from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, break them into any size you like.
- Store the crackers in an airtight container.
Source: Jonno Proudfoot & David Grier. The Real Meal Revolution. Changing the world, one meal at a time. 2013.