This delicious, filling bread can be toasted just like ordinary wheat bread.
Enjoy with grass-fed butter or smashed avocado with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper.
It keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 2 cups roughly ground organic linseeds (also known as flax seeds)
- 1 tablespoon aluminium-free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb mix
- 1 teaspoon fine pink Himalayan crystal salt
- 6 large free-range, pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup clean, filtered water
- 1/3 cup melted organic coconut oil
- Optional: fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease an oven dish (30cm x 20cm) with grass-fed butter.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and melted oil until foamy.
- Transfer the liquid mixture to the bowl with the linseed mixture. Whisk together until fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into the greased oven dish and smooth with a spatula or spoon.
- Let the mixture stand for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Optional: sprinkle with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Transfer the dish to the preheated oven.
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven, and until the top of the bread is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least an hour.
- Remove the cooled bread from the oven dish.
- Cut into squares.